The first visit to Optimal You Brain Centers will be the most extensive. You will have an initial consultation to discuss your goals with the Doctor to whom you have chosen to seek care. If you and the Doctor determine Optimal You Brain Centers is the right place for you, you will continue with a comprehensive history taking process and physical exam. This exam is different for each patient based on their goals and concerns. It can range from simply an autonomic assessment and musculoskeletal exam to an in-depth neurological evaluation. At this point, our Doctors may also require imaging, blood labs, or other outside testing before creating a treatment plan. After the exam, we will schedule your Review of Findings appointment and you may schedule any required additional outside testing.
This appointment will begin with a follow up consultation with your treating physician where they will go over all findings from your Day 1 exam and any outside test results. Next, the Doctor will make recommendations for your personalized treatment plan. This will include a detailed description of treatment length, cost, and goals which vary greatly for each patient. Once your plan is reviewed and accepted, the Doctor will begin your first treatment.
During your first treatment, the Doctor will have you perform various tasks and record your bench mark to identify any neurological indicators that may be functioning sub-optimally. This will set a starting point for your progress at Optimal You.
From this point on, your appointments will be scheduled out in advance and much shorter in duration, sometimes daily. These appointments will differ based on the specific treatments included in your personalized treatment plan. Your treating physician will monitor your brain function and progress throughout each visit and record your improvement. You will most likely have additional exams over the course of your treatment plan, as well as a final exam where the Doctors determine if you are ready to graduate to wellness care, dismiss from care, or extend your current treatment plan. Our treatment plans grow and change as you do, so we continuously monitor your progress and adapt our treatments to ensure you are receiving the best care. Each treatment plan also includes an at-home plan which extends your growth long after your time at Optimal You.
QEEG - PRO Brain Scanner
- Neurofeedback is a non – invasive method of direct brain function training. It is also called as EEG Biofeedback.
- It uses electrodes (which act like tiny microphones) placed on the client’s scalp to record and amplify the EEG, or brain – waves and control auditory, visual and tactile feedback which allows learning to take place.
- The operant learning initiates self-regulation and enhances relaxation both necessary components of good brain function.
- Neurofeedback targets the underlying dysregulation in brain activity that can exacerbate and sometimes causes clinical symptoms.
- Clients sit on a recliner and listen to sound and play a video game on a computer using their brain to direct the action. When the desired brain wave state is achieved the game continues and points are accumulated.